Camping is a perfect way to enjoy your vacations and holidays. However, without good preparation and appropriate camping equipment, it can be hectic, stressful and a health hazard. Camping cots are now a common addition to the camping paraphernalia for most campers. They are an additional luxury for people who do not want to have it rough during these important outdoor excursions.
However, choosing the best camping cot is a tasking experience, particularly for people who do not know what tips to consider. We have made this easy for you. This detailed top 10 best camping cots in 2017 reviews guarantees a good night’s sleep and refreshment for the day’s activities.
- 10. Coleman Airbed Cot – Queen 120
- 9. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot 370
- 8. Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot
- 7. Disc-O-Bed Large with Organizers
- 6. Slumberjack Big Cot
- 5. Disc-O-Bed Youth Kid-O-Bunk with Organizers
- 4. Winterial Oversize Outdoor Tent Cot
- 3. Yoler 42 x 6 x 8-Inch Folding Bed
- 2. Easy Cot, Portable Folding Cot by Byer of Maine
- 1. Big Agnes Helinox Cot One V2
10. Coleman Airbed Cot – Queen 120
This is one of the best camping cots in the market today with a feel of a conventional bed. With an amazing height of 22 inches off the ground, it is designed to provide versatility, ultimate comfort and extreme relaxation in both outdoor and indoor settings. It has no coils or springs that creak or squeak hence the feel at home experience.
Another prominent feature of the airbed is the inclusion of a 4D battery air pump. Inflating or deflating the cot is therefore not a hassle as it inflates and deflates on its own. For additional convenience, the bed comes with a table on each of its sides to support light items including mugs, books, spectacles and drinks among others.
The Coleman QueenCot features a compact steel frame which is a measure of durability and stability. In fact, witg a queen-size mattress, this camping cot offers a double sleeping space and the stability to sustain the weight. At a cost of about $120, Coleman Airbed Cot- Queen is one of the most best price camping cots.
- Easy to set up
- Compact and foldable frame
- Separate cot and mattress offers a double sleeping space
- Elevated comfort eliminates the fear of a damp mattress during outdoor use
- Its versatility provides convenient outdoor and indoor usage
- Heavy hence not very ideal for camping on foot.
- May need air top off after every few days
- Mattress firmness may vary depending on temperature and moisture content.
9. TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot 370
This stylish camping cots is ideal for hunting and base camps. It is an extraordinary huge cot with and supports an impressive weight capacity of up 600 pounds. The cot boasts of a patented design that certainly turns every hunting experience or base camp into a luxurious experience.
It is quite unlikely to find a cot which supports a large weight capacity that is as portable as the TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camping Cot. Weighing just 26 lbs, one person can easily carry and set up this sports outfitter cot.
Despite its light weight, this camping cot offers unrivaled comfort and durability. Most camping cot reviews and users rank it as one of the best cots considering its wonderful features at about $98 price tag. This is a summary of the TETON’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Light, foldable and ortable
- Compatible with camp pads, gun sleeve, quick tent and outfitter organizer for more comfort and convenience
- A durable, heavy duty canvas to sustain heavy campers
- Legs have rubber tips to avoid damaging tent floors
- Limited lifetime warranty hence no fear of losing your favorite camping cot
- Compatible accessories come at an additional cost
- Screws may fall off if the cot is handled carelessly.
8. Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot
Kamp-Rite combines the utility of a cot and a tent. Therefore, while its elevation off the ground guards against the cold ground, insects, rodents and snakes on the ground, the tent offers protection from winds, sun and rain hence an enjoyable sleep.
Another notable feature of the Kamp-Rite Oversize Tent Cot is its versatility. This tent cot can be used as a lounge, flat cot and as a chair. Moreover, the product can be used both indoors and outdoors which is really interesting. The tent cot retails at about $150 from amazon, which is quite a good price considering the fact that it is both a tent and a cot.
Measuring up to 90″ in length, the tent cot offers enough room for tall people of all heights and a comfortable width for medium-sized individuals. It ultimately provides the deference between sleeping in open air and sleeping in a closed roomy tent.
- Two mesh entry doors and windows for easy access and ventilation respectively.
- Comes with a rain-fly for additional protection
- Available carry bag with roller wheels
- Sets up in seconds
- Aluminium frames may not be as sturdy and durable
- Considerably more expensive than your ordinary tent
7. Disc-O-Bed Large with Organizers
While bunk beds are commonly meant for homes, the highly versatile Disc-O-Bed is a one of the rare bunkable beds for camping. This bed is a perfect fit for two campers and is compatible with variety of dome structures and camping tents hence maximizes floor space while still keeping campers under one roof or tent. This makes it ideal for camping partners and small families.
The versatility of this product makes it more than just a simple bed. In fact, it can be 2 single cots or a bench when there is need. Whatever the use, this camping cot provides great comfort courtesy of the taut and highly supportive sleeping surface made from 600-denier polyester.
In addition, the study frame of this camping cot is made from powder-coated stainless steel which is resistant to rust and corrosion. This makes this cot one of the most durable camping cots in the market today. However, with these exemplary features and advantages over most camping cots, this product comes at a slightly higher price of about $330.
- Sets up in seconds
- Has two organizers to store accessories such as books, pens, water, drinks and other light personal items
- Rounded legs to avoid sinking or damaging your tent floor.
- Easy to separate and use as single cots
- Has two carry bags for easy transportation
- Strong, robust nd sturdy frames can carry a combined weight capacity of up to 1000 pounds.
- Very expensive for people operating under tight budgets
6. Slumberjack Big Cot
Every camper now has an opportunity affordable amping cot without compromising essential features of a camping cot. Thanks to the affordable Slumberjack Big Cot which retails for just about $70 while still offers unimaginable comfort and and great comfort for visitors and campers alike.
Most reviews rate the Big cot as one of the best camping cots for people who do not want to spend hundreds of their hard earned dollars on a camping cot. It has a large and stable non squeak steel frames and a grip bar that are bound to last for long. This sturdy frame and the 600D polyester fabric can can carry up to 500 pounds
The Slumberjack Big Cot has an 11″ elevation off the ground hence no chance of being attacked by rodents, snakes or insects while asleep.
- Very affordable
- Has reinforced gusset arms for additional stability
- Includes a carry bag for easy storage and transportation
- Simple design
- Borderlines can be difficult to align hence a challenge to assemble
- The plastic cups on the legs are prone to wear out fast.
5. Disc-O-Bed Youth Kid-O-Bunk with Organizers
The exceptional features of the Disc-O-Bed Youth Kid-O-Bunk with Organizers makes it to our list of the Top 10 Best Camping Cots in 2017. Just like most Disc-O-Bed camping cots, this product is versatile and can be used as a double bed, two separate cots and a sitting bench. The 3-in-1 bunkable bed is therefore a comfortable sleep and sitting solution for kids or families on vacation or camping trips.
It is well designed and crafted from anticorrosive powder coated steel and has a maximum weight tolerance of 200 pounds with a well rounded end frames. This makes it ideal for kids upto 12 years of aged.
This high end camping cot costs about $290 dollars and features a portable, ultra-strong build to last for a lifetime in both indoor and outdoor excursions. Finally, the high grade polyester fabric is not supported by a center beam. This enables it to effectively conform to body shapes for maximum comfort.
- No assembly tools required
- Comes with two carry bags for easy storage and transportation
- Has a sleeve organizer which holds a fishing rod
- Hygienic and water resistant fabric
- Has an organizer on each of the the sleeping decks to store personal items
- Its sleek modern design is appealing to kids
- Considerably expensive
- Cannot be used by adults
4. Winterial Oversize Outdoor Tent Cot
This is another tent cot that gives campers an unforgettable outdoor experience. The perfect traveling tent cot offers an elevated camping experience for families and campers. With an elevated comfortable sleeping platform, this is a startlingly interesting solution to evade ground creatures.
The heavy duty nylon fabric of the tent has for windows for access and ventilation as well as a mesh lining to keep away insects. It is waterproof hence keeps you dry from the most humid of conditions. Needless to say, the tent and cot combination has a simple design, lightweight and offers at most comfort, convenience and protection.
It is one of the best and easy to set up tent cots according to most tent cot reviews and at a price of about $300, I must say that it is worth its exceptional features and quality.
- Setting up is a breeze
- Tent and cot combination saves you from carrying bulky tents when on camping trips
- Made from high quality and durable materials
- Good for the money
- Poor seams at the corners but these can easily be reinforced
- Quite expensive
3. Yoler 42 x 6 x 8-Inch Folding Bed
The Yoler 42 x 6 x 8-Inch Folding Bed is another pocket friendly camping bed. The manufacturers of this folding bed deserves a pat for keeping the price of this product at approximately $70 without compromising any key features of the best camping beds. It is simple yet stylish, lightweight yet sturdy and affordable yet versatile.
The versatility of the Yoler 42 x 6 x 8-Inch Folding Bed makes it a perfect traveling bed for camping, picnics, beach, resting outside the office and other outdoor adventures. It features a 100% breathable and flexible fabric for unbeatable comfort.
This bed is very durable and competitively compares with most high end camping cots that retail at twice or thrice its price. This folding bed has a good weight capacity.
- Does not take a lot of space
- Easy to fold up, transport or store
- Money back guarantee for unsatisfied customers
- Very Affordable
- Very versatile
- Not very comfortable in sitting position
- Difficult to adjust
2. Easy Cot, Portable Folding Cot by Byer of Maine
The Easy Cot, Portable Folding Cot by Byer of Maine is second in our list of Top 10 Best Camping Cots in 2017. At about $80, Easy Cot features a welded frame and legs and a 600D polyester fabric which are both signs of durability. Its multiple reinforced fabric guarantees comfort as since it easily conforms to the body contours.
This sleeping cot is easy to set up and fold. It is compact when folded and this is a great feature for storage and transportation. It has a simple sleek design with parts and fabrics that are resistant to corrosion, wear and fading.
Finally, it is important to note that the pocket friendly Easy Cot, Portable Folding Cot by Byer of Maine is a full size bed and a perfect product for both adults and teenagers. Let us make this simple by summarizing its pros and Cons.
- Versatile and can work as an extra bed at home
- Just like its name, it is easy to set up and fold
- Sturdy and durable
- Does not come with a carry bag
1. Big Agnes Helinox Cot One V2
Our number one pick for the best camping cot in 2017 is The Big Agnes Helinox Cot One V2. It is made from a strong Helinox aluminium and a nylon fabric. This makes it strong, durable and comfortable. It features a short but stable off the ground elevation of up to 6″ which keeps campers away from crawling insects. This unique tension system ensures strong support. This gives it the stability and a load capacity of up to 320 pounds.
The camping cot is ideal for both indoor and outdoor activities. It is resistant to rust and other corrosive elements which are a good property for harsh weather conditions. The Big Agnes is one of the most portable camping cots due to its lightweight and a fitting carry bag.
However, this valuable camping crib retails at an average of $300. Arguably, considering its impressive features, this camping cot is worth its price.
- Easy to store and transport
- Comes with a stylish carry bag
- Stylish and comfortable
- A comparatively lower weight capacity
- Quite expensive