Top 10 Best Wireless Routers in 2019 Reviews
Internet has become one of the necessities in today’s world. We require internet for almost everything from paying our bills, to managing our money to even shopping for stuff. In our offices, homes and almost all places we hear of a WIFI connection. A WIFI connection simply enables multiple devices/users to use the same internet connection with better speed. The main architect of WIFI connection is the Wireless routers. A wireless router allows multiple devices to connect to the internet. There are numerous players in the field of wireless routers like TP-Link and ARRIS and others. Similarly there are a lot of factors to be considered when you are scouting for the best wireless routers like Tri-Band and Gigabit which play an important role in selecting your wireless router. We have listed down the top 10 best wireless routers to help you decide on the product of your choice.
- 10. TP-Link AD7200 Wireless Wi-Fi Tri-Band Gigabit Router Talon AD7200 AC5400
- 9. ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/ Wi-Fi AC1900 Router
- 8. TP-Link N300 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Wireless Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
- 7. Linksys W.R.T AC3200 Open Source Dual-Band Gigabit Smart-Wireless Router with M.U-M.I.M.O, Tri-Stream 160 (WRT3200ACM)
- 6. TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router
- 5. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC.1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R-7000) with Open Source Support
- 4. ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band 2×2 AC1300 Wifi 4-port Gigabit Router with USB 3.0
- 3. TP-LINK T.L-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router
- 2. A.S.U.S RT-AC5300 Wireless AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit-Router, AiProtection with Trend Micro for Complete Network Security
- 1. Linksys A.C5400 Tri Band Wireless Router
10. TP-Link AD7200 Wireless Wi-Fi Tri-Band Gigabit Router Talon AD7200 AC5400
One of the best wireless routers by the TP Link, The Talon AD7200 AC5400 is a Tri Band Gigabit router. The router boasts of a ferocious speed with streaming of 4k movies in mere minutes. Powered with a 1.4GHz dual core processor this router is perfect to connect all your devices without a glitch. Being a TRI-Band router it ensures that you get a superior performance while streaming on multiple devices and a beautiful gaming experience. It provides multi user support from the MU-MIMO technology which essentially means that you have a smooth and fluid experience while using it.
The router is built to give a fast and far reaching in room wireless connections. The router has a smart connect function that searches for the best available connection and connects the devices automatically to it. It has eight antennas with high powered amplifiers to enable maximum Wifi range.
- 1.4GHz dual core processor is one of the best in the market today
- Smart connect function works really well to give the best available connection
- Connect multiple devices without any hassle
- The router takes up a lot of space, so before buying you need to figure out any space constraints that you may have
- The WPS and reset button are the same and sometimes this can pose a bit of problem
9. ARRIS SURFboard SBG6900AC DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem/ Wi-Fi AC1900 Router
The SURFboard SBG6900AC DOCSIS 3.0 is a cable modem wireless router from Arris. Arris is one of the leading brands in the world in manufacturing communication devices. Compatible with most of the cable internet service providers this device is equipped with DOCSIS 3.0 and gives its users a choice of 16 download and 4 upload channels. Its 4 port Gigabit Ethernet ports and speeds up to 686mbps, 802.11 AC and 1900MBps, provides for a superior internet experience.
It supports both IPv4 and IPv6 and supports HD video streaming and gaming on multiple devices at a time. It comes with a 2 year warranty and is a compact size wireless router which is ideal for your household needs.
- It comes in a compact size and can easily blend in with your personal computer table or laptop table as well.
- Is compatible with almost all the major internet cable service providers
- Excellent options for household needs
- Before purchasing you have to check with your internet cable service provider whether they support the device otherwise you could end up with a product that won’t be of any use.
- Though all quality checks are in place for the product there have been instances where the device was found to be heating up
8. TP-Link N300 DOCSIS 3.0 (8×4) Wireless Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router
The TP-Link N300 DOCSIS 3.0 is a wireless WI-FI cable modem router. With a dimension of 5.6 x 4.5 x 2.3 inches, it is a compact wireless router. It is a 2 in one device that is a router and doubles up as the cable modem as well. The most important feature of this product is that you can save up on your monthly rental on modems and also enjoy a good internet speed on multiple devices.
The set up is easy and the device provides 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels so that you can enjoy HD movies, gaming and lots more on your devices without any lagging or problem whatsoever. It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports which supports lightning fast wired connections.
- It’s a 2 in one device with the router and the cable modem rolled into one. This will help save on the modem rental charges that you pay your internet service provider every month.
- It uses the DOCSIS 3.0 technology which gives faster speeds to all your connected devices.
- It comes with a set up manual which is extremely easy and can be done in a few minutes.
- It provides a 2 year warranty and a 24/7 customer service
- Since it’s a cable router, you need to check for compatibility with your service provider
- The cable channels may be a little lesser considering the other devices that are offered with the same features and similar price range.
7. Linksys W.R.T AC3200 Open Source Dual-Band Gigabit Smart-Wireless Router with M.U-M.I.M.O, Tri-Stream 160 (WRT3200ACM)
The Linksys W.R.T AC3200 is a dual band wireless router which is supported by MU-MIMO technology. It has the OpenWrt and DD-WRT for better flexibility and customization options. The Tri-Stream 160 technology doubles the bandwidth providing faster internet connections to your devices. Multiple devices can be connected without a hassle.
The open -ource firmware allows the users to go for advanced options and customize the options as per your needs and requirements. The smart Wifi app helps to manage the Wifi network better from your device at any time.
- It works on a 5GHz band with ultra fast speeds up to 2.6Gbps WiFi speeds
- The TRI Stream 160 is unique to this router and really doubles the bandwidth to give excellent user experience.
- No lagging for 4K HD movies and can be used on multiple devices for uninterrupted gaming, music and much more
- The manual can be a bit confusing especially for someone who is not well versed with the communication jargons
- Can be a little intimidating for the novice users as the open source options work only if you know the systems really well
6. TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750Wireless Dual-Band Gigabit Router
The device comes with 802.11ac support which is the next generation of Wifi devices. It provides IP based bandwidth control which allows the user the comfort of managing the bandwidth of individual devices connected to the router. It provides a total bandwidth of 1.75 Gbps which includes 450mbps at 2.4GHz and 1300mbps at 5GHz.
It has dual USB ports and one touch WPA wireless security encryption along with the WPS button. It also provides a secure WIFI access to your guests sharing the network.
- Management of bandwidth for individual devices is certainly a good feature.
- It supports the latest 802.11ac next generation Wifi
- Has multiple language choices for setups and easy installation
- A little too expensive when compared with other devices with the same features
- The 2.4GHz band is not as good as compared to the other band
5. NETGEAR Nighthawk AC.1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R-7000) with Open Source Support
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 is a beast of a device powered with 1GHz dual core processor. It is well synced with the NETGEAR genie app that makes the installation and management of the device a breeze. It gives a combined WIFI speed of 1900Mbps and is apt for homes having large spaces. The high powered amplifiers make sure that the signal strength is good throughout the house.
The advanced Qos has the ability to automatically detect and prioritize gaming and streaming without any lag whatsoever and it can handle multi devices having high usage at the same time. It comes with Parental control which helps to filter the content viewed by children which is extremely good for parents worrying what their children are viewing on the internet.
- The nighthawk comes with a 1 GHz dual core processor which gives the best streaming and gaming experience
- NETGEAR genie app provides remote access for your device
- Parental Control is a great feature to manage the content viewed by children
- The device is not easy on the size and as such will take up a lot of space on your desktop.
- Can be a bit of an issue with the printers and other wired devices
4. ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band 2×2 AC1300 Wifi 4-port Gigabit Router with USB 3.0
The ASUS RT ARCH 13 is a dual band wireless router with 2×2 MU-MIMO technology incorporated in it. The ASUS router app provides good management for your network. It comes with the 3.0 USB for sharing of external drives with the network.
The four external antennas provide a good coverage and the signal strength is also good. It has an easy set up and works well for the home.
- Good signal strength and coverage even for large spaces
- Connects multiple devices with ease and provides speeds up to 1267 Mbps
- The 3.0 USB is a good option to share external drives
- You need to update the firmware as soon as you unbox the device for smooth installation
- The default settings that come with the router can eat up on your speed until you tweak the settings to get the full speed potential
3. TP-LINK T.L-WR841N 300Mbps Wireless N Router
The router works well sans a modem and is best for cable internet service providers. Compact in size the two antennas give good signal strength and speed for multiple devices. It has bandwidth management function which helps in controlling the bandwidth for each device. It is compatible with most cable internet service providers but a double check with your service provider will be apt.
The 5 dBi antennas work well to give a speed of up to 300 Mbps. It is simple device with easy installation and a single button to switch on and switch off.
- The device is compact and can be placed easily on your desktop table.
- It provides a good speed of up to 300 Mbps for streaming HD videos and gaming experience
- Works best for homes and small offices
- Due to its limited range it cannot be used in homes with large spaces
- The single reset/WPS button can be a bit annoying as it can be accidentally switched off especially if you have small children around
2. A.S.U.S RT-AC5300 Wireless AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabit-Router, AiProtection with Trend Micro for Complete Network Security
The device comes with the 802.11ac new generation WiFi that gives an output of 5334Mbps for all your 4k videos and hard core gaming needs. It has the Broadcom NitroQAMTM technology with two 5 GHz data up to 4334 MBps & 2.4 GHz up to 1000 MBps.
The TRI- Band smart connect searches for the best available frequency and connects the devices automatically for best results. The robust 8 antennas combine to give a rich internet experience whether it’s for streaming HD movies for simply gaming. The network is well secured with easy device management and installation.
- 4×4 antennas ensure that you get excellent signal strength even for large spaces
- Provides with 802.11 ac new generation Wifi
- Smooth connection and fluid operation for all the connected devices
- The product is slightly higher priced when compared to other devices with the same features
- The M.U-MIMO feature is not tapped to its full potential in this device
1. Linksys A.C5400 Tri Band Wireless Router
The device is a great device to have for homes and home offices as well. It has the MU-MIMO technology that allows 4k videos streaming, online gaming and sharing of photos and videos at top neck speed. The TRI-Band searches for the best frequency and auto connects the devices to give the best speeds. Powered by a 1.4 GHz processor it provides its users with the best experience.
The device comes with a 3 year warranty and is supported by advanced security features like WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall.
- 8 powerful adjustable antennas give the best signal strength with excellent coverage as well
- It uses Next-Gen Ac Wifi which enhances the internet speed even with high usage on multiple devices at a given time
- Eight Gigabit Ethernet ports provide enhanced file transfer speeds
- It is a fairly large device and will need space for set up. Not recommended for users who have space constraint.
- A little overpriced when considering other devices with similar features